Subject: Internships Opportunities for Engineering Students
The American Public Works Association Monterey Bay Chapter launched their inaugural internship program in 2011. The Chapter serves as liaison between students and public works agencies/firms willing to hire interns during the summer or school semester. Our goal is to place engineering students with cities, counties, districts or private firms to give students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in a rewarding profession.
In order to be eligible for the APWA Internship, students must be:
- currently enrolled at a community college or university
- pursuing a degree in a public works related curriculum such as civil
engineering, construction management, or other closely related
- a permanent resident within the Chapter Region (Monterey, Santa
Cruz and San Benito Counties).
Download the attached form and fill out the following:
Eligible students are asked to submit:
- completed Internship Application Form
- Personal Statement summarizing your background, interests,
achievements and career goals (no longer than 2 pages)
- List of classes in which you are currently enrolled and those you
propose to take in the next 12 months
- Letter of Recommendation (from either college advisor, teacher,
employer or supervisor)
Applications are being accepted through 5 pm, April 30, 2019.
Completed applications will be made available to all interested agencies and firms that are participating in the Internship Program. Applications can be emailed to Maria Esther Rodriguez at: email@example.com
Questions??: Contact Maria Esther via e-mail or at (831) 768-3112.